Who doesn’t love a selfie?! This has become one of the easiest and most fun ways to document our lives. However, not all selfies are created equal. If you are like me, you scroll through Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and think, how does that person take such good selfies?! It’s not fair! Well, here to tell you how to up your selfie game is our friend, Tanner Shepherd. This pre-vet college student has both brains and selfie swag. He has provided us with the following five tricks of the trade:
1. Go outside or find a window with some nice, natural lighting and face it.
2. Open your eyes! If you feel like you’re being fake, you are doing it right.
3. Get some background music! A little Rihanna never hurt anybody.
4. Snap a ton of pics! You never know when that accidental candid will capture the perfect moment.
5. Be nice to yourself. If the pics don’t turn out, I promise, it’s just bad lighting – not you!
He also notes that he and his friends’ selfie sessions would be nothing without these go-to items:
- A new outfit that made my credit card break up with me
- A light up cell phone case: LuMee Case for iPhone 6 or iPhone 7 (Thanks Kourtney K)
- Chi Enviro 54 hairspray to resuscitate my hair from whatever the day did to it
- My go-to Inkwell Instagram filter when my skin isn’t cooperating
- A full length mirror to show the whole outfit
We hope this advice entertained you as much as it did us! Thanks Tanner!
Jill & Lauren
(This post contains affiliate links)