In honor of Mother’s Day this Sunday, here are 10 types of moms I’ve become intimately acquainted with in my three
short years as a mother:
1. The Pinterest Mom – I’m not talking about the mom that looks at Pinterest and pins interesting crafts/recipes/outfits. I’m talking about that mom that is so creative she comes up with original ideas or improves upon the original pin.
2. The Sports/Dance/Cheer Mom – This mom’s casual wardrobe consists of sports t-shirts from the kids’ soccer/little league/football teams or cheer/dance competitions. You will find extra sets of socks, jerseys, athletic shoes, hair ties, and towels in her car. She can also rattle off the most healthy choices at each fast food restaurant in a 10 mile radius.
3. The Mom of Multiples – She is laid back, doesn’t give a $%!& about all the things first-time moms stress about. She laughs and talks with other moms while her kids are climbing the walls; only stopping the conversation when experience tells her they are going to inflict bodily harm on themselves or others.
4. The Germaphobe Mom – You know her because she has a mini bottle of hand sanitizer hanging from her bag. In case of a spill, you want her around with her endless supply of Clorox wipes, pacifier wipes, and tissues.
5. The Efficient Mom – She figures out anything that will make things easier/cheaper/faster. She wants to rock her job and spend time loving her kids; while keeping a smile on her face. You want to know one of these moms! She will make your life so much easier.
6. The PTA Mom – This mom is a teacher’s dream. She is everywhere and does everything for her kid’s school. Need someone to bring snacks? Need another costume for the end-of-year program? Need someone to coordinate a class gift for the teacher? She’s your girl. Volunteering should be on her resume.
7. The Rainbow Baby Mom – She is infinitely grateful for her kid(s) and reminds you, in the best of ways, to really appreciate motherhood. Find one of these people! She will be the sun to your clouds.
8. The Granola Mom – Natural, Organic, Free Range, Fair Trade, Non-GMO, Cage Free, and Grass Fed are part of her vocab. She makes her own baby food and only gives her fam the best in nutrition.
9. The Celebration Mom – She throws the most elaborate gender reveals, first birthday and every milestone. She makes everything special and loves making memories. Her child is the center of her universe.
11. The Fit Mom – We all hate her (unless you are her). She looks fabulous two months after giving birth. She is so disciplined that she gets her 3-10 miles in every day. The jogging stroller and then the double jogging stroller are necessities. Her workout clothes and running shoes are some of the most expensive things in her wardrobe. She motivates you to get off the couch and take a walk around the block.
While some of these mommas may not represent the “type” they are listed under, they are all MY.PEOPLE. They have helped keep me sane and provided SO many hours of laughter. Thank you mom friends!
Let me know which type of mom you and your friends are!